Saturday, June 23, 2012

Lover Got Your Tongue?

Someone you can't get out of your head?  There's a mix for that.  Check out my mix on 8tracks, and succumb to your thoughts of that somebody:



A great album to listen to when you're crushing hard is Grouplove's Never Trust A Happy Song (ignore the title -- on the contrary, this album is very sunny).  You've probably heard Grouplove's biggest hit, "Tounge Tied" on the radio, or in Apple's iPod Touch commercial, but my current favorite is "Close Your Eyes and Count to Ten".  Hit play and commence your crushing.

Close Your Eyes and Count to Ten - Grouplove

Another band that I can readily rave about is Aer.  David von Mering and Carter Schultz are from Wayland, MA.  They say that their music "finds its roots in reggae, acoustic pop and indie rock, with smooth guitar riffs and a strong rap component."  You won't find better music to chill to.  I recently became obsessed with Aer over winter break, when I heard their song, "Water On the Moon" in a friend's car.  I 'borrowed' the CD, and, uh never quite gave it back (sorry, Christine!).  I burned myself a CD consisting of nothing but Aer songs, and find it perfect for almost any mood or occasion.  A few friends and I are SO stoked to be going to see Aer play in Vienna in July.  We have a flawless plan to get backstage... I'll keep you posted on how that turns out.  But for now, enjoy the song that first got me hooked:

Water On the Moon - Aer


No comments:

Post a Comment